Welcome to your new home! Questions about your new apartment?
We realize you might be a new renter, or perhaps you have rented for a while and you are interested in some general information about living in a Wilstar Community. You are renting in a professionally managed building and have a signed a Tenancy Agreement (Lease) which is a legal document that outlines your responsibilities as a renter, as well as our responsibilities as the Property Manager.
- Most if not all questions you have about living in a Wilstar Community are answered in your Tenancy Agreement!
What is your Application Process?
At Wilstar Management we use an Online Application Process, which allows applicants to complete the rental application at a time and place that is convenient to you! After viewing the unit our friendly onsite staff will send a link to your email where you can fill out our easy to use online application, upload required documents, insert your information for the credit check, and submit! Shortly after you will receive an email updating you of your application status!
Maintenance: What if something is broken?
At times, items in the building will breakdown, if you notice something in your unit, or common area that needs attention log into the Wilstar mycommunity portal (accessible at the top of this page) and submit a work request. You can include pictures, a detailed description of the issue, and preferred times for access to your unit. At Wilstar we strive to investigate all requests within 24 hours, and if possible correct the issue. If the issue is more complex, some time may be required,updates are communicated to you through the mycommunity resident portal.
- Maintenance Items which are your responsibility include: light bulbs, blown fuses
What payment methods to you accept?
- We accept online electronic payments. We suggest signing up for automatic automatic electronic payments, so each month your rent is paid on time!
- Sorry! No Credit card payments are accepted at this time!
What is included in the Rent?
- Your rent includes the unit you are renting for yourself and your occupants identified on your application. Your unit includes a fridge, and stove, (sorry no dishwashers permitted). Pay Laundry facilities are provided on-site in a common laundry room.
- Our Etobicoke properties include air conditioning, the use of a rec centre, weight room, indoor swimming pool, and squash courts. Our Hamilton properties include the use of an outdoor pool.
Not Included in your rent is:
Shower Curtains & Hooks
Telephone, Internet, & Television
Parking is an additional charge at each of our properties.
What does the Management Company do?
- Wilstar Management Manages the building! We are responsible for the overall care of the building from resident satisfaction, to paying bills, to maintenance and upkeep of the property, and everything in between!
What should I do in an emergency situation?
An emergency is a situation in which there is a current or imminent threat to personal safety or property. In the event of an emergency call your building telephone number. Wilstar has a 24 hour emergency line, in which the operator will assess the nature of the situation and contact the appropriate personnel if necessary.
Do I need to buy my own insurance coverage?
- YES! As part of your Tenancy Agreement you are required to have tenant's insurance with a recommended liability limit of $1,000,000.00
Why do I need tenant's insurance?
- Building insurance does NOT cover your personal possessions or your personal liability. As a result, you are not covered and are liable for both your personal and/or any property that may result out of your negligence
- One of the stipulations of your Tenancy Agreement is that you have active tenant insurance in place to specifically cover the liabilities mentioned above.
Do I need to sign a year lease?
- Yes we require a 1 year Tenancy Agreement to be signed when you decide to make a Wilstar Building your home.
Do You have Security?
- Security is onsite at various hours throughout the day at our Etobicoke Properties.
- Our Hamilton Properties have regular security patrols.